S-T-E-A-L-T-H
Please be sure to register if you have yet to do so.

Benefits of registering:

*Being able to post/read forums
*Ability to apply towards the clan
*No more ads
*-S- Rewards
*And more.....
S-T-E-A-L-T-H
Please be sure to register if you have yet to do so.

Benefits of registering:

*Being able to post/read forums
*Ability to apply towards the clan
*No more ads
*-S- Rewards
*And more.....
S-T-E-A-L-T-H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Just because something shows that its old doesnt mean there is nothing new to find by helping.
EST
CST
MST
PST

Share | 

Mortal Kombat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheKillingSmiley
Commander
Commander
TheKillingSmiley

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Mortal Kombat Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat   Mortal Kombat EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Let me start of by saying that I am a big MK fan. However, even though Im an MK fan. Im a bigger fan of just good games. Razz
Anyways...............

Presentation: As a whole, the presentation of MK is mainly very well done with some odd choices here and there. The Main Menu is setup well but nothing to fascinating here besides the animated fight in the background. Animated may not be the best word either. Its more of like a stop motion after you pass Title Screen. However, the fighters do appear very well detailed and the new damage system is a very nice touch.

The kicker for the presentation is the backgrounds during the fights. These things are amazing. Some arenas have your simple back drop but then ones like City, Rooftop, Armory, and others have multiple things going on in the background. The overall effect makes it more of a scene instead of your basic fighting background/arena.

Story: Surprisingly enough, there is actually a pretty well done story in the game. Sure it may be kind of cheesy at times but you're playing a fighting game that has ninjas, mutants, gods, elder gods, and other random creatures. What do you really suspect?

The Story Mode varies in length depending on how good you are at fighting games and how quickly you can come up with a winning strategy. This mode will have you switching between the "good" guys throughout the game in chapters. These chapters serve as good training tools for using a variety of character but you're bound to get frustrated at times. With multiple 1v2 matches and even a pair of 1v3, it can seem to be a little cheap at time. Especially when you fight the top villian, Shao Khan. He seems incredibly cheap and can really only be beaten by using cheap spamming tactics against him. Overall though I had a good time playing through the Story mode.

Controls: MK has returned to original setup for controls from the first two games. No dial-a-combo from MK3 will be found here. At first the controls seem to be tight and responsive, but the more I played the more I found some flaws. These flaws dont necessarily lye with the controls but more with the playability of the game. There were far to many times in high tension moments where I would land an uppercut without even hitting my enemy and vice versa. The range on the hit boxes just seem off at times and while most people wont even care, it may become an issue with competitive play.

Lasting Appeal: There's a lot to do in this game. From the story mode to online may be enough for some but NetherRealms has also gone and added in the standard Arcade ladder, where each fighter has their own ending, a Challenge Ladder which consists of around 300 challenges and The Krypt. The Krypt is somewhat a waste though. Sure, they're a ton of unlockables in it to spend the MK points you earn from winning matches on. It just doesnt seem necessary though when more than half the unlocks are just concept art and music that is forever stuck on the game and inside the games viewing area. Overall though, MK can keep your average fighting pleased for quite some time and may even bring in some new players with its more accessible design then the likes of SFIV or TEKKEN.

OVERALL:
Presentation: 9/10 (The Devs really wanted you to notice this game and it shows, even with my hate of the Unreal Engine the game still shines.)

Story: 8.5/10 (While fun and enjoyable for the most part. I cant deny how cheap Shao Kahn feels to fight against. Its one thing to have really good A.I. It another thing when you just make a cheap character and boost his health and damage.)

Controls 8.5/10 (Tight controls that are scarred by some odd hit-boxes.)

Lasting Appeal: 8/10 (Online, Arcade Ladders, and the Challenge Ladder will you keep you going for a while. The Krypt though is just stuffed with pointless things you'll have to grind to get.)

OVERALL SCORE: 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
http://www.s-t-e-a-l-t-h.com
silentriot809
Im a NINJA!
silentriot809

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2011-03-27

Mortal Kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat   Mortal Kombat EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:22 pm

i liked your review tks but i gave up on MK a while ago idk i just got tired of all the rehashes idk this one is but it sounds good by what you said i might pick it up when there a price drop or something =P
Back to top Go down
TheKillingSmiley
Commander
Commander
TheKillingSmiley

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Mortal Kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat   Mortal Kombat EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm

I got it for a little under $40 which seems like a fair price for it to me. Now I never got to try online prior this so it might be even better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.s-t-e-a-l-t-h.com
silentriot809
Im a NINJA!
silentriot809

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2011-03-27

Mortal Kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat   Mortal Kombat EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:10 am

ive never been big on online fighting games idk why it just doesnt appeal to me
Back to top Go down
burnt_me
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
burnt_me

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Mortal Kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat   Mortal Kombat EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:13 am

TKS did you start your review by ruining your credibility to be impartial?
Back to top Go down
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/mykillzone/overview.html?name=
Sponsored content

Mortal Kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat   Mortal Kombat Empty

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top