S-T-E-A-L-T-H
Please be sure to register if you have yet to do so.

Benefits of registering:

*Being able to post/read forums
*Ability to apply towards the clan
*No more ads
*-S- Rewards
*And more.....
S-T-E-A-L-T-H
Please be sure to register if you have yet to do so.

Benefits of registering:

*Being able to post/read forums
*Ability to apply towards the clan
*No more ads
*-S- Rewards
*And more.....
S-T-E-A-L-T-H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Just because something shows that its old doesnt mean there is nothing new to find by helping.
EST
CST
MST
PST

Share | 

Crysis 2 Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
burnt_me
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
burnt_me

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:27 pm

If you haven't bought this game get it. It doesn't have any codes or anthing to play all of the game content so get it used to save $$. The following is my take on the game from the 360 version I own, but I am looking for it on the ps3 used on CL.

Graphics on par if not better than KZ3

Single Player is like MGS4 as an fps.

Multiplayer takes skill and servers are working. Kind of like supermen playing COD.

Suite powers are awsome. Gameplay is like a ballet of powers.

I would give it a 9.5/10. Dont let the demo ruin your opinon of this game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/mykillzone/overview.html?name=
TheKillingSmiley
Commander
Commander
TheKillingSmiley

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:09 pm

MGS4 as an fps? Awesome!!
Gameplay is like a ballet of powers? sounds pretty cool.
Kind of like supermen playing CoD? Well, there went my desire for the game...
Back to top Go down
http://www.s-t-e-a-l-t-h.com
silentriot809
Im a NINJA!
silentriot809

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2011-03-27

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:32 pm

i have it rented from gamefly just waiting for them to shit it out i have high hopes for this game if you say its like MGS4 then i will be quite happy with it
Back to top Go down
burnt_me
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
burnt_me

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:43 pm

When I say MGS4 like I mean open sand box levels where you have to get from one part of the box to the next and you can do it how ever you want. Both MGS4 and Crysis 2 push more towards the stealthy approach, but if you have the will and skill you can gun your way through a level.

Also, this game on "hard" is hard if you decide to run and gun. This game isn't like COD where you are forced down a hallway where you shoot people who jump out at you.
Back to top Go down
L4ZYSOL
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
L4ZYSOL

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 am

The stealth is pretty pathetic I think. You're either cloaked and invisible, or not and they spot you instantly through a tree from a quarter mile away. And shoot you in the nuts with incredible accuracy.

And the controls are clunky as hell.

I'm only a couple hours in and haven't tried mp yet. Hopefully its nothing like the demo.
Back to top Go down
burnt_me
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
burnt_me

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 am

I am half way throught SP and havent noticed these issues with the AI. If you shoot someone and the alert level is high they will spot you quickly, but if you don't and go for stealth kills then they dont unless you are right in front of them.

Also, you got into a tree?
Back to top Go down
burnt_me
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
burnt_me

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 am

Oh to comment on the controls, I have it on the xbox so I cant confirm or deny how they feel on the PS3. I am going to check the redbox to see if they have it so I can rent it though. On the xbox the controls are atleast as tight as KZ3's. The only annoying thing I noticed was if you are standing on a surface that isnt even, say on a curb ,the game slowly pushes you off of it. That is to keep the game from producing a violation of its physics which would crash the game. It is a little bit sad that it is occuring becuase hell everygame has to prevent this from happening ,and say in KZ3 I haven't been pushed off of uneven surfaces.
Back to top Go down
L4ZYSOL
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
L4ZYSOL

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:08 am

lol, no. A tree between me and the enemy. I can't see him, but he can see me. Same with a lot of objects that you can kinda see through. They just know that the shadowy object not moving crouched behind that crate on the top of that building a block away is me.

It just becomes a game of managing your energy so you can cloak. And when you cloak they can't see you unless you dance around in front of their face.

The tension you get isn't, "oh crap, he's coming this way, I better stay still so he doesn't see me." its "oh crap, I'm almost out of energy and I will be 100% visible unless he isn't facing me."

Not saying its a bad game, just saying the stealth needs some work. mgs4 it is not.
Back to top Go down
burnt_me
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
burnt_me

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 am

Nope in MGS4 you couldn't hide at all. Even with that fing mask. I think the MGS4 had stealth so you could hump the ground. I havent noticed this problem in crysis I hide behind bushes all the time :/
Back to top Go down
L4ZYSOL
First Lieutenant I
First Lieutenant I
L4ZYSOL

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 am

I guess it doesn't help that you're a giant g.i. joe terminator with a glowing red mask. Smile
Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm

L4ZYSOL wrote:
I guess it doesn't help that you're a giant g.i. joe terminator with a glowing red mask. Smile

He reminds me of Snake Eyes,just in a nanosuit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crysis 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 Review   Crysis 2 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top